- Version 2.3.5 uploaded to app storesDipsy gives the length of line to reach the desired depth with one of the 70 divers and now manage the full system up to 7 divers. Dipsy now handles a system of 7 divers simultaneously. Dipsy and all its copies have two functions: to bring the lure to the right depth and to deflect… Read more: Version 2.3.5 uploaded to app stores
- App for salmon fishing on Sainte-Marguerite riverThe website for the new app has been launched. The app offers original features for any salmon angler who is new to or already familiar with the St. Marguerite River in Quebec. After guiding anglers throughout the 2021 season, regardless of their level of knowledge, the questions they asked me at the end of the… Read more: App for salmon fishing on Sainte-Marguerite river
- Slower speeds and Copper lineSlower than nominal speeds BTW it says, it is an Excellent app 😉 So it is, in fact, quite accurate. When the cursor drops below the minimum speed, we always display the same information. It’s simpler than displaying an error and especially easier to read when you’re in a boat. But based on the usual… Read more: Slower speeds and Copper line
- Tested on iOS 15We have tested the app on the new iPhone 13 with the latest iOS 15 and everything works properly.
- New version : v2.0.4 build 19
- New version 2.0.3b18
- Interactive demo
- Davis Fish Seeker
Dipsy Troller is an app for smartphone to interactively get the length of trolling line initially for the Dipsy Troller de Luhr Jensen and some others divers from the same company.
As fishermen, we have all opened our fishing box to find that the user data of the divers have been soaked and is unreadable or that we can’t find it. It happened to me and to my fishing buddy, so I decided to write this app. The truth is also that to find the right length considering all the factors: the size, the ring, the line, the plates… while driving the boat, putting lines to the water, trying to not hook ourselves, looking at the sonar, trying to get the thermocline depth, adding waypoint when seeing fishes, listening radio for other reports is difficult to say the least. 9 years ago, smartphones were only starting to be in all fishermen pocket but now it is clearly in all pockets.
Dipsies have a very simple data table, while the two values per cell, with or without the ring, make it clearly more difficult to read. But some of the other divers have larger and more complex data tables with tens of columns and rows and even many pages. Now that apps are omnipresent, it was the right time to do another version with more divers.
That’s it, the third generation of Dipsy Troller is ready.
The first one was 2011! It was on iOS version 4 and iPhone 3G.
The second one was 2017, iOS version 10 and iPhone 5.
The last one is for version 14 and iPhone 12.
The new version had a lot of new features: more divers, more functions and more phones.
The first and second version were for:
- Dipsy, Dipsy Zero, Dipsy mini and Magnum
- Pink Lady : 3 models
- Jet Diver : 4 models
- Lead lines : only 1 model
The new version offers :
- Chinook Diver : 5 models
- DeepSix Diver : 3 models
- U-Charter Slide divers : 3 models
- Big Jon divers : 2 models
- Torpedo : 4 models
- Torpedo Deep sea diver : 2 sets
- Copper lines : 2 models
- Torpedo Steel line
- Team Dreamweaver Deeper Diver : 5 models
- Team Dreamweaver Rundown Trip-Z de : 4 models
- Lead lines : 3 new models
Which makes the count up to 46 models.
UI shows realistic image of the diver.
With that many divers, I had a favorite function. You can favorite the series or only one model.
If having the counters on top of screen and the cursor at the bottom is a problem, you can now double show them close to the sliders.
Just for fun, you can now turn your phone on his side.
L’app is available from iPhone 5 to brand new iPhone 12 with iOS 10 and up but also for Androids.